Monday, July 18, 2016

A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest

Description of book per amazon:
On the evening of Sofia Claremont's seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake. A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood.

She is kidnapped to The Shade, an enchanted island where the sun is eternally forbidden to shine. An island uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet. She wakes here as a slave, a captive in chains.

Sofia's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn when she is selected out of hundreds of girls to take up residence in the tree-top harem of Derek Novak, the dark royal prince.

Despite his addiction to power and obsessive thirst for her blood, Sofia soon realizes that the safest place on the island is within his quarters, and she must do all within her power to win him over if she is to survive even one more night.


Recently my daughter told me about a series of books she was reading and how much she loved them. She briefly told me the premise of the books, but since they sounded so similar to the Twilight books I wasn't interested in reading them. A month later, I came across this book and thought it sounded interesting. I quickly fell in love with the book and had it read within a day. I went and told my daughter about it and she let me know that this was the series she had told me about.

Despite the fact that there is a vampire and a mortal girl falling for each other, I didn't see any other similarities to the Twilight Series. As a middle-aged adult, I did find some flaws in it. The main flaw was that after a 400 year sleep a vampire should notice and have a harder time adjusting to the new world around him. But, these books are not geared for middle-aged adults. They are for teenagers and young adults; and I don't think they would notice or care about these little problems. And I love this genre of books.

I enjoyed watching the characters develop as the story went along. I loved how each chapter was written in third person from each characters perspective. The short chapters made for a easy and quick read. This book contained adventure, love, murder, and heroism. A great read for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment